This is for those working people who rarely get an opportunity tohave a breakfast of their liking. Because in the working days they just have togobble foods to start for their working places in time. But in the holidays theyexpect some special kind of food. What better you could ask for if you’reoffered waffles in breakfast. There are many types of waffles and among them,Belgian waffles are the most beloved food from Belgium. I don’t mean to saythat you have to travel to Belgium to get the taste of this food. You caneasily make this kind of waffles at home using some very common ingredients andsimple appliances as well.
What are the Belgian Waffles?
Belgian Waffles is an authentic mouth-watering kind of dessert preferredby people of all ages. This crispy and golden colored dish is topped withdelicious chocolate or strawberry flavored juice including a scoop of creamyvanilla ice cream. Moreover, you may add some dry fruits for garnishing. Thissweet dish is not only taken in breakfast but it can be relished in partieswith your family and the near and dear ones. Let’s have a try to prepare thissugary dish at your home all by yourself.
The Necessary Ingredients
Here the ingredients that are essential to prepare Belgian wafflesat your home.
- 1 package of dry and activeyeast.
- 300 grams of flour.
- 50 grams of sugar.
- 120 ml of melted butter.
- 470 ml of lukewarm milk.
- 5ml of vanilla.
- 0.25 grams of groundnutmeg.
- 0.25 grams of cinnamon.
- 0.1 grams of salt.
- 2 egg whites.
- 2 egg yolks.
- 120 ml of water.
Now after having all the ingredients, it is time to follow theprocess in steps so that could help you to prepare some perfect Belgian wafflesby your own effort.
Making The Batter
- At first, take a large mixing bowl and pour ½ cup of water, 2 tsp of sugar, and 1 pkg of dry yeast into it and mix them properly using a whisk and leave it for 5 minutes in the room temperature.
- Now add the flour, rest of the sugar, and the milk into the bowl. The boiled milk should be left for sometimes until it becomes lukewarm and then you can mix it to the batter.
- Add rest of the ingredients leaving egg whites behind into the batter. The egg whites are kept in a separate bowl for further use. Using oil instead of butter makes the waffles crispier.
- Mix all the ingredients using the whisk properly to make sure there are no lumps or dry spots left and the batter must look smooth. As this is an important part of the whole process, using an electric mixer should be the best idea to blend the ingredients properly.
- Cover the bowl with a wrap and keep the mixture in the room temperature for at least 30 minutes.
- Now the egg whites are beaten with the whisk properly until they are foamy. Keep on the process until they become stiff and sticky. If you want to get some light and fluffy waffles then you must not ignore this step.
- Take a spoon or a rubber spatula and scoop the foamy egg whites to the risen batter when the time limit of 30 minutes is over.
- Mix the egg whites evenly with the batter using spatula by turning the batter upside down. This is how the batter is made and now it needs to be baked using a waffle iron to get the best result.
Baking The Batter
- Take the waffle iron andbefore start pouring the batter preheat the machine up to medium heat and thenturn off the power. Now fill the waffle iron with the batter up to the edges.Make sure they don’t be overflowed. Close the lid and turn on the power.
- Allow the batter to bebaked for 5 minutes. But a minute before you have to check the color of thewaffles, if they are golden brown then you should start removing them.
Topping and Garnishing
If your waffles are baked then you have to go for the final dressingof the dish to add some extra taste and also to look better. In most cases,people love to add homemade buttermilk syrup as the top of the waffles. Apartfrom this, those who love to get some fruity flavor may add berries, slicedbanana including whipped cream, maple syrup or chocolate syrup. If you’relooking for some meaty flavor then you should add baked bacon with the waffles.
Keeping The Waffles Warm
After preparing this mouth-watering dish you need to keep it warm atleast for 30 minutes before serving. To make this possible, you have to placethe waffles after pulling out of the iron into a 200°F oven. You have to lineup the cooked waffles on a baking sheet into the oven to keep the edges of thewaffles crispy.
Keeping Waffles for A Longer Period
Sometimes you have to keep the cooked waffles for a few days. Inthat case, you need to freeze the waffles keeping them into large Ziploc bagafter removing air from inside the bag. When you need to serve them, you haveto place them into an oven and warm them until they become crispy again. I canensure you that you’ll get the taste as good as the fresh ones.
The Final WordsWeekendsare always considered as A merry time for those have to go through a tough timeduring the weekdays. And the days become merrier if you’re served themouth-watering, delicious Belgian waffles in breakfasts. It is always apleasure for us to be appreciated for preparing a good dish. What if you tryyour hand to make this? Who can say you’ll not be the winner ahead of theprofessionals? Good luck!!