I always feel pressure when I am about to cut my homemade pizza while my kids are impatiently waiting to get the first bite. As I stare at those wide eyes fixed on the pizza, I fear the cheese will all melt. If only my cutter is as good as my baked pizza, then these hungry mouths would be quiet and satisfied by now. As the cutter broke, I promised myself to buy a replacement that will never let me down.
Later, I went and searched for the best pizza cutter around and found my top (five) picks. I always make it a point to check those who have the most positive reviews and those that ranks first by customer’s demand. If you happen to be looking for the best pizza cutter in town, this is your lucky day for you will not search further. Your choice may be one of my priority lists.
The two (2) types of Pizza Cutter
All pizza cutters I see have a sharp rotating wheel or a rounded blade that is of stainless steel material. The first kind (wheels) requires you to put pressure on the long-angled handle so you can move and slice the pizza in a particular direction. The blades are usually three to five inches in diameters. You can even use this cutter for other crafts and school art assignments.
The second (rockers), on the other hand, works if you place it on the pizza vertically for a more precise and uniform slice. You can find handles on both ends or plastic cover right on the topmost part. This kind of cutter (also called Mezzaluna) is not only useful for pizza but also functions well for chopping vegetables, mincing herbs, or cut some of your favorite dessert portions.
What to look for when buying the best pizza cutter?
Regular knives, scissors, or your poor-quality pizza cutter is often the reason why a planned perfect meal turns out to be a disaster. All never, work as you hope to have for when slicing. Why do you need to look for the best pizza cutter? Apparently, you do not want to take long in cutting and letting your kids wait for an eternity before they got a slice. Besides, who likes to serve a deformed pizza slice to your special guests?
Hence, these are the factors that you need to watch out for when buying the best pizza cutter. If you have considered all these aspects, then you will stress no more!
- MaterialIt is important that your pizza cutter must be rust-free. With frequent contact with food, it must not deteriorate and contaminate. Stainless Steel that is superior in quality is an ideal material for pizza cutters. However, you will notice that your cutters are a combination of stainless steel (blade), rubbers, plastic, and wood for the handle. The performance of these first-class cutter blades will never disappoint you while slicing. It delivers a clean and precise cut. Beware of fake products out there that may look the same but sub-standards in quality.
- DesignThe design that you need to choose is dependent on how you will use the cutter. If your purpose is mainly to slice a pizza, then the wheel blade is practical to buy. However, if you want a more versatile tool for a cutter, the mezzaluna is an excellent choice. Mezzaluna can also be useful in cutting vegetables and other pies.
- SafetyI tell you, pizza cutter blades are very sharp and are risky when kids are around. I suggest choosing the type of product that comes with an in-built guard. Look for a design that has a barrier between the blade and the handle (for the wheel type) to protect your fingers. For the mezzaluna, I recommend the product that features a rubber material attached to the handle for a firm grip.
- DurabilityAside from the assurance that you got the robust material for your best pizza cutter, still, guarantees matters when it comes to insurance. If possible, ask for a warranty to cover your purchase for at least a year. It does not only saves your money back but gives you a long-time use of the same product.
- HygieneEnsure that you buy the cutter that has a flawless blade. Pure stainless steel blades that are in one piece will not give in to cracks and are an advantage when it comes to hygiene. Cracks give bacteria a place to settle and thrive.
- PriceI get you that price is a huge factor when shopping. I make sure that my budget is enough for the product that I need. Nevertheless, when it comes to cutleries, I put into priority the quality of the item before the cost. I would rather use my cutter in comfort, style, and safety along with the high price than regret later on by buying a low-cost product that will not perform, as I want it to be.First-rate pizza cutters have sharps blades, comfortable to the grip, safe, and is easy to clean. Check out the product that guarantees high performance but with a reasonable price.
Read more: Best Chef Knife under $50 for Your Elegant Kitchen
The Top Five (5) of the Best Pizza Cutter 2019
The five product on my list represents certain categories that you may find essential in searching for a pizza cutter. Rest assured these brands are favorites online or from your local stores. Find the pick that you have been longing for to bring home.
|1. Kitchy Pizza Cutter Wheel||
|2. Checkered Chef Rocker Pizza Cutter||
|3. Mozzbi Premium Pizza Cutter Wheel||
|4. OXO 4” Stainless Steel Pizza Wheel||
|5. Kitchenstar 14” Pizza Cutter||
As an Amazon’s choice, Kitchy pizza cutter wheel got the highest positive review online. I call this design as a high-end pizza cutter with its entire classy look, razor sharp blade, and attractive colors. The easy to clean slicer is both a “need and want” in my cutlery collection. With the protective blade guard (retractable) that you can conveniently slide to close or open for safety, it is a huge change from the traditional cutters that impose accident risks especially to kids around.
This kitchen gadget slices any pizza like a pro and surprises you with its ability to give a clean cut slice of pizza with all its cheese and toppings intact. The ergonomic handle and the smooth finish contributes to the comfort and simple way to use it. Because it is so easy to grip, you do not need to cut back and forth just to keep the rest of the toppings back where it belongs. You can even make use of this to cut other desserts like brownies and cookies.
The size of the product is just right for my hand and can fit with just a small space for storage. The Kitchy Pizza Cutter wheel has ideal size, protects your fingers from accidents, and has a stronger grip for a straight slice in just one try. When your concern is about hygiene, this pizza slicer is super easy to clean and is dishwasher-safe. In fact, you can dismantle it without hassle for faster and most efficient washing.
There is no need for you to worry about cuts when washing it manually either. Lifetime 100% money back guarantee is available as well!
- Has a safety guard to prevent cuts.
- Easy to disassemble to clean thoroughly.
- The handle is sturdy and hard plastic.
- Gives more control than a cutter with a handle.
- Dishwasher safe
- Clean, compact style
- Vibrant color
- No extra blade available.
Although the usual pizza cutter that we around is the wheel type, this rocker pizza cutter does not want to be behind. Being the second on my list, it is proof that rockers still capture the people’s interest. Made with heavy-duty stainless steel material for a razor sharp blade, indeed this slicer is one of the best ways to cut a pizza and more. I say I have not sliced a pizza so quick and easy!
I like the fact that this Rocker cutter comes with its own plastic sheath/holster to protect the sharp blade and to prevent cutting your fingers in storage. That is why this is safer and easier to keep. Because of the sharp blade, it slices the pizza fast and clean, without pushing the toppings out. The stainless steel blade makes the mezzaluna pizza cutter rust-free.
For dimensions, the length of the blade is 13 ¾”, and the cutting edge is curved. The height measures 2 7/8” in the mid portion and 2 1/8” at the sides. Actually, the stainless steel (18/0) blade construction is one compact piece of superior quality material with no wooden handle. Hence, it is very hygienic since it does not have a place for gems to stay.
Besides, the product is dishwasher safe. No need to clean it manually if you are not fond of washing utensils. Therefore, go ahead slice your pizza, or mince your garlic, and cut your potatoes. The versatility of this pizza cutter is endless!
- The blade is sharp right out of the box.
- Easy to clean
- Can also cut the pizza into squares.
- Goes with a blade cover
- Easy to use and not messy
- It is hard to use with just one hand.
The Mozzbi pizza cutter wheel is a super sharp stainless steel material that also has a protective sliding blade shield that locks the blade inside to cover for your safety. Honestly, I like to look at the blade as it glides through the pizza crust in just one pass with a nice grip of my hand. Picking this product guarantees a win in your part. This product has the finest and high-tech blade that does not only perform with the highest quality but also displays an attractive design in your kitchen.
However, this pizza cutter does not only pride itself with good looks but with safety too. It has an innovative design that offers a custom thermoplastic elastomer that fixes with a protective shield to keep your fingers away from horrible cuts. I know how frustrating it could be when the toppings and part of the crust stick to the blunt blade while slicing. Hence, with this premium pizza cutter, you will not worry anymore.
The design of the cutter is a perfect fit for your palm and is comfortable to your grip, and the blade works in the precise cut. It does not matter what size and shape, this cutter will do it for you. Moreover, when you are done and need to clean up, remember that the cutter can easily dismantle for your washing convenience. This would enable you to clean all the unreachable parts of the slicer.
Here is more; Mozzbi offers 100% Risk-free promise with a one year “no quibble” warranty. If you are not satisfied with this product, you will get your money back within thirty days of use!
- Cuts pizza smoothly
- Has a reasonable price
- Dishwasher safe
- Easily fits in the storage
- Safe to use
- Comfortable to use even with just one hand.
- Difficult to dismantle
- No NSF approval
- No replacement blades
OXO pizza cutter is another Amazon’s Choice that lands on my top five list. The sharp stainless steel blade is famous in cutting even the thickest pizza in town. It is large but safe with its non-slip grip handle that absorbs pressure and die-cast zinc thumb guard that protects your fingers from cuts. The comfortable to use pizza cutter quickly and easily slice thin to thick pizzas in just one spin.
I learned the materials that the handle uses is the same as the dishwasher gaskets. It is slip-proof, wet or dry, and of course, dishwasher safe. No need to worry; the stainless steel material is utterly rust-free. Try to let it roll through the crust and know why this OXO pizza slicer became America’s Test Kitchen pick. Again, OXO also offers a satisfaction guarantee.
You can return the product for repair, replacement, or even refund.
- Sturdy construction
- Stainless Steel material (rust free)
- Dishwasher safe
- The blade does not wobble when cutting.
- Does not come with a protective cover.
- Food debris accumulates in the bearing structure.
Being the last on my list does not mean that it cannot be your best pizza cutter. Kitchenstar has every right to win your pick as well. This rocking pizza cutter slices the crust smoothly without deforming your pizza slices. With all the toppings in place, it will leave a precise and clean cut performance in just one pass.
Not only useful for slicing pizza, but this pizza cutter can also be used for chopping and mincing vegetables and slicing brownies, pies, and other desserts as well. The superior quality stainless steel is also anti-corrosion like the others and is a rust-free, food grade, super sharp material. As proof of safety, the product features an ergonomic design that provides all-out protection with its plastic protective cover. The solid and hard plastic cover makes the cutter safe to handle, easy to store and prevents the blade from becoming dull.
The dishwasher safe pizza cutter is easy to use, clean, and store. Lastly, like all leading brands, Kitchenstar offers a satisfaction guarantee. It is an assurance of 100% money back guarantee!
- It can be sharpened
- Sturdy material
- All-purpose cutter
- The single bevel blade is sharp.
- Easy to use
- Has a protective cover
- Hard to use with just one hand
Even for the best pizza cutters, the price is just minimal. Unlike other items that really need deliberation when buying, pizza cutters do not require that much. Hence, you can actually choose the cutter that you desire. However, whatever you pick is according to your need. Therefore, my pick could be different from yours.
Just keep in mind that the essential factors that make it the best pizza cutter are the comfort, safety, hygiene, and, of course, the superior performance it offers. I hope I am a big help in your shopping adventure to find your best pizza cutter. Good luck!