Do you know that broiling is a healthy method of cooking? The vitamins, nutrients, and minerals we get from food are still intact after broiling. If you are fond of cooking your own food, it is not yet too late to start shifting to broiling for best results. Let us eat healthy, the right way.
To begin with, you need to buy the best broiler pan to match the meal plans. You would be interested to know that using broiler pans will minimize the use of oil and let you cook the meat evenly with less effort, time, and supervision. Let me guide you through on how to choose the right broiler pan for your oven. I have prepared the best broiler pans that you can find in the market today to save you from doing the research.
It is a go for broiling!
What is a broiler pan?
I call it broiler pan but others name it as broiler roaster or oven roaster. The first time I saw this cookware, I thought it is a cookie sheet since it has the same shape and size. You can use broiler pans in cooking meat and vegetables in the oven.
Usually, the pan construction is of stainless steel material with black porcelain enamel. It has two parts, the bottom pan section that catches the drippings and the grate on top where you place the food while cooking. These pans are available in various sizes to fit a different type of ovens.
Here are some important features and benefits:
- Serrated edges are to keep the food from being stuck into the slots.
- The slits are for proper ventilation
Here is a short video giving instructions on how to use a broiler pan. Just in case, you have already chosen what to buy. These instructions will come in handy if it is your first time to broil food.
What are the advantages of using a broiler pan?
Broiler pans are always associated with health and yummy food. That is because broiling does produce not only delicious meals but also promotes healthy eating. Therefore, broiler pans are a cooking tool that helps realize these diet goals.
Here are the reasons why:
- Minimal use of oilBroiling is a healthy alternative for frying. You will be happy to know that you do not need much oil when using broiler pans. Most of the time, depending on what you cook, brushing the grate with a bit of oil is sufficient already. When the meat is fatty, then oil is no longer necessary.
- Saves TimeThe design of the broiler pan let the heat distribute evenly through the top and the bottom portion for a quicker cooking period. It enables cooking with high heat in a short time.
- Best for Fragile Meat CutsThinly sliced meat like chicken strips, thinly sliced steaks, and salmon cuts are also delicious when broiled. However, they are delicate to cook and has the tendency to break every time you flip them when grilled. In broiling, it will eliminate the worry of tearing the meat since it can cook both sides fast.
Factors that you need to consider when buying the best broiler pan:
If you think buying cookware is as simple as it gets, you might want to consider it more a little bit. It is always proper to know the essential aspects when buying any product for your kitchen. Today, you are going to learn extra information about the best broiler pans.
Broiler pans could be made of various types of material when you try to look around. However, the most reliable ones should be of stainless steel, carbon steel, ceramic, and cast iron. Although they all prove to be excellent for broiling purposes, they display dissimilar advantages.
- Cast iron may be the cheapest among the current materials, but it has the reputation that is best in even heat distribution. It also functions as naturally non-stick when seasoned well. However, this material is heavy and is prone to rust.
- Stainless steel is the most durable of all. High-quality stainless steel has a hard surface and scratch-resistant. This material is less expensive and low in maintenance. Besides the attractive appearance, it is also easy to clean. However, it is very poor in heat distribution and food sticks during cooking.
- Carbon steel is naturally non-stick and is one of the toughest and durable pieces of cookware. A well-seasoned carbon steel broiler pan is smooth and dark that gets better every after use. It is more responsive to heat than cast iron and cools even faster.
- Ceramic is non-reactive and non-toxic making it the healthiest cookware nowadays. Although it takes longer to heat up than the other materials, it retains the heat longer and more efficient. Besides, ceramic can be used in the oven and can be placed directly into the fridge and freezer without the feat of cracking.
Who wants to stand all day cleaning stubborn dirty cookware? It is just practical to choose a broiler pan that is already dishwasher safe to avoid the dirty work. You may not be open on this idea, but you could use the time this option saved for you on other most relevant activities.
3. The Type of Food for Broiling
Certain broiler pans have designs that are suitable for either meat or vegetables. If you are more on a meat person, I suggest buying the kind of pan with wide slit grills so the drippings can pass through right away. Nevertheless, if you love vegetables, I recommend the opposite. Otherwise, you can just buy both.
4. The Size of the Pan
Sometimes, when you are looking into a variety of products, you get so overwhelmed that you tend to forget the vital factors. Before picking one, remember the space and size of your oven and ensure that the broiler pan you want will fit in. It is better to measure your oven space first before hitting the appliance store.
Be aware that there are varieties of broiler pans out there. There are pans that you can only use for meat preparation, others good solely for snacks recipes, and the type that you can use for all kinds of food. Hence, make sure that you buy the kind that you want.
6. Breakage and Corrosion Resistant
As much as possible, choose the type of pan that does not easily break or corrode. It could save big time if you knew how to pick the type of material that is durable enough to last long, but also offers comfort and ease for you when cooking.
The price is always an issue when choosing the best product. I say that the price goes with the quality and design of the broiler pans. Never choose one that is out of your budget. Try to evaluate each broiler pan and decide which one has a reasonable price.
The Best Broiler Pan Reviews 2018
I found broiler pans that are worth the recommendation for every household that is into broiling. Each product is bearing reliable brands and is the leading broiler pans in the market. All deserve high rates and positive customer reviews that made them land as one of the top ranks.
|1# Granite Ware Bake Broil and Grill Pan||
|2# GE Range Broil Pan||
|3# Norpo Broil/Roast Pan Set – Editor’s Choice||
|4# Range Kleen 2-Piece Porcelain Broil and Bake Pan||
|5# Frigidaire Range/Stove and Broiler Pan||
This USA made graniteware bake broil, and grill pan has a core of carbon steel material. Carbon steel material is stronger and safer than any foil type pans. It is more energy efficient, browns the meat evenly, and cooks much better. The surface, on the other hand, is of porcelain enamel that is an inert, non-porous, and naturally non-stick for cooking.
This 9”x 14” x 2” broiler pan has no harmful chemicals and is dishwasher-safe. This product is a 3-piece bake, broil, and grill set that features a perforated tray that is excellent for a small meal of veggies or fish. You can use the grill pan for your outdoor barbecue and the grill rack to broil meat in the oven. Remember to use the pan bottom to catch the drippings and maintain the cleanliness of your oven.
The package includes a roasting pan, broil/grill pan, and a grill rack.
- The pan is lightweight.
- It fits into a countertop convection oven.
- Dishwasher safe
- thumbs-upEasy to clean
- thumbs-upEasy to use
- thumbs-upPerfect for personal use or for starters
- Small size, not suitable for turkeys
- Thin metal and sharp edges
- Easily cracks when dropped
Who does not trust GE? The brand itself indicates the quality of the broiler pan. No wonder the product has gained numerous positive reviews. The construction of this GE pan is of very solid black ceramic. As you can see, the grooves and slots indicate excellent broiling all the time.
The product is suitable for cooking all types of food and broils them fast and well. Being dishwasher safe, you do not need to spend a long time manually cleaning the pans. It is an advantage though because, with its design, it will be hard for you to clean the food sticking on certain areas of the pan. With its non-stick coating, you cannot even use rough cleaners.
- Dishwasher safe
- A generic broiler pan will work on all oven
- Can be used to stoves and ovens
- thumbs-upReasonable price
- Challenging to clean manually
- Food sticks to the surface
This Norpo Broil/Roast pan set measures 12”x 9” x 1.5” and is made of stainless steel material. The two-piece broiler pan with perforated top permits grease to drain off while cooking for healthier results. Stainless steel construction is best for its strength and easy to clean. The product size is excellent for new couples or personal servings. The broiler pan is capable of cooking meat, fish, and even vegetables, with the bottom tray to collect all the drippings. However, I recommend that you hand wash this carefully since it’s not dishwasher friendly. You may find it hard to do so though since the food will stick on its surface. You can avoid it though by using plenty of oil while cooking.The good thing is that stainless steel can withstand heavy scrubbing.
- Easy to clean
- 100% Stainless steel
- thumbs-upCan cook any kind of food
- No handles
- No non-stick coating
- Small size
If you want to do the cooking right and make the perfect meals, the Range Kleen Broil and Bake pan is also the best choice for you. This two-piece heavy-duty porcelain pan is excellent for both broiling and baking with superior results. The high-quality OEM porcelain material on steel grill and the base are safe for use up to 1025 deg. F and has good features for cooking. The grate of the grills permits fat drippings to drain away from your meat. This USA made product is suitable for both outdoor grill and broiling inside the oven. It is convenient to know that you can cook in this pan any food like meat and vegetables. Besides, this pan is easy to clean and is dishwasher safe. It is indeed a great addition to your kitchen utensils. Range Kleen features stick-free porcelain finish.
- Will fit in toaster/convection oven
- High-quality material
- thumbs-upDishwasher safe
- thumbs-upSuitable for meat, fish, and veggies
- Too small for a big family
- Has the tendency that the coating will wear off
- Challenging to clean
Frigidaire is another brand that has a reputation for high-quality products. It may be a French manufacturer, but it has gained the trust of the people for so many years. The broiler pan has a non-stick surface that works just fine during the cooking. I tell you, the food really slides off even without using oil. I found out also that with just a little bit of soaking with soap, the pan cleans easily. If you do not have time to clean it manually, you can place it inside the dishwasher after the soaking. However, like any other porcelain, it is prone to chipping when hit or drop it. Hence, you need to take extra care during handling.This broiler pan comes in two pieces namely the top tray and a scraper. This middle size pan can cook almost anything on it.
- The 15” size fits standard size ovens.
- Porcelain coated
- Easy to clean
- thumbs-upHas a non-stick surface
- thumbs-upNice color and design
- thumbs-upCan cook meat, fish, and veggies
- Prone to discoloration
- Prone to chipping
A short video on how to clean a broiler pan:
It is a reality that after broiling, you will always end up cleaning the broiler pans. Whatever brand you may have, there is no escaping from the truth of it. Here is a short video on tips on how to make cleaning broiler pans easy.
Have you made up your mind? Which do you think fits the best broiler pan amongst all for you? I get you; it is not that easy to choose when you are overwhelmed with the high-quality products presented to you. However, if you just stick to the factors that determine the right product, I am sure you already know what you need to pick.
Remember that each has its own preference, and yours may be different from the others. One thing is for sure, the five on my list are already winners. Whichever you choose to bring home would still be worth it. Try going through with both the advantages and disadvantages of each product to help you decide. Good luck!