Do you know that broiling is a healthy method of cooking? The vitamins, nutrients, and minerals we get from food are still intact after broiling. If you are fond of cooking your own food, it is not yet too late to start shifting to broiling for the best results. Let us eat healthy, the right way.
To begin with, you need to buy the best broiler pan to match the meal plans. You would be interested to know that using broiler pans will minimize the use of oil and let you cook the meat evenly with less effort, time, and supervision. Let me guide you through how to choose the right broiler pan for your oven. I have prepared the best broiler pans that you can find in the market today to save you from doing the research.
List of Best Broiler Pans- For Your Next Oven Roast
I found broiler pans that are worth the recommendation for every household that is into broiling. Each product is bearing reliable brands and is the leading broiler pan in the market. All deserve high rates and positive customer reviews that made them land as one of the top ranks.
1. Granite Ware Bake Broil and Grill Pan
This USA-made graniteware bake broil and grill pan has a core of carbon steel material. Carbon steel material is stronger and safer than any foil-type pan. It is more energy-efficient, browns the meat evenly, and cooks much better. The surface, on the other hand, is of porcelain enamel that is inert, non-porous, and naturally non-stick for cooking.
This 9”x 14” x 2” broiler pan has no harmful chemicals and is dishwasher-safe. This product is a 3-piece bake, broil, and grill set that features a perforated tray that is excellent for a small meal of veggies or fish. You can use the grill pan for your outdoor barbecue and the grill rack to broil meat in the oven. Remember to use the pan bottom to catch the drippings and maintain the cleanliness of your oven.
The package includes a roasting pan, broil/grill pan, and a grill rack.
2. GE Range Broil Pan
Who does not trust GE? The brand itself indicates the quality of the broiler pan. No wonder the product has gained numerous positive reviews. The construction of this GE pan is of very solid black ceramic. As you can see, the grooves and slots indicate excellent broiling all the time.
The product is suitable for cooking all types of food and broils them fast and well. Being dishwasher safe, you do not need to spend a long time manually cleaning the pans.
It is an advantage though because, with its design, it will be hard for you to clean the food sticking on certain areas of the pan. With its non-stick coating, you cannot even use rough cleaners.
3. Norpo Broil/Roast Pan Set
This Norpo Broil/Roast pan set measures 12”x 9” x 1.5” and is made of stainless steel material. The two-piece broiler pan with a perforated top permits grease to drain off while cooking for healthier results. Stainless steel construction is best for its strength and is easy to clean.
The product size is excellent for new couples or personal servings. The broiler pan is capable of cooking meat, fish, and even vegetables, with the bottom tray to collect all the drippings. However, I recommend that you hand wash this carefully since it’s not dishwasher-friendly.
You may find it hard to do so though since the food will stick on its surface. You can avoid it though by using plenty of oil while cooking. The good thing is that stainless steel can withstand heavy scrubbing.
4. Range Kleen 2-Piece Porcelain Broil and Bake Pan
If you want to do the cooking right and make the perfect meals, the Range Kleen Broil and Bake pan is also the best choice for you. This two-piece heavy-duty porcelain pan is excellent for both broiling and baking with superior results.
The high-quality OEM porcelain material on the steel grill and the base is safe for use up to 1025 deg. F and has good features for cooking. The grate of the grills permits fat drippings to drain away from your meat.
This USA-made product is suitable for both outdoor grill and broiling inside the oven. It is convenient to know that you can cook in this pan any food like meat and vegetables.
Besides, this pan is easy to clean and is dishwasher safe. It is indeed a great addition to your kitchen utensils. Range Kleen features a stick-free porcelain finish.
5. Frigidaire Range/Stove and Broiler Pan
Frigidaire is another brand that has a reputation for high-quality products. It may be a French manufacturer, but it has gained the trust of the people for so many years. The broiler pan has a non-stick surface that works just fine during cooking.
I tell you, the food really slides off even without using oil. I found out also that with just a little bit of soaking with soap, the pan cleans easily. If you do not have time to clean it manually, you can place it inside the dishwasher after the soaking.
However, like any other porcelain, it is prone to chipping when hit or drop it. Hence, you need to take extra care during handling. This broiler pan comes in two pieces namely the top tray and a scraper. This middle-size pan can cook almost anything on it.
What is a broiler pan?
I call it broiler pan but others name it as broiler roaster or oven roaster. The first time I saw this cookware, I thought it is a cookie sheet since it has the same shape and size. You can use broiler pans in cooking meat and vegetables in the oven.
Usually, the pan construction is of stainless steel material with black porcelain enamel. It has two parts, the bottom pan section that catches the drippings and the grate on top where you place the food while cooking. These pans are available in various sizes to fit different types of ovens.
Here are some important features and benefits:
- Serrated edges are to keep the food from being stuck into the slots.
- The slits are for proper ventilation
Here is a short video giving instructions on how to use a broiler pan. Just in case, you have already chosen what to buy. These instructions will come in handy if it is your first time broiling food.
What are the advantages of using a broiler pan?
Broiler pans are always associated with health and yummy food. That is because broiling does produce not only delicious meals but also promotes healthy eating. Therefore, broiler pans are a cooking tool that helps realize these diet goals.
Here are the reasons why:
- Minimal use of oil – Broiling is a healthy alternative for frying. You will be happy to know that you do not need much oil when using broiler pans. Most of the time, depending on what you cook, brushing the grate with a bit of oil is sufficient already. When the meat is fatty, then the oil is no longer necessary.
- Saves Time – The design of the broiler pan lets the heat distribute evenly through the top and the bottom portion for a quicker cooking period. It enables cooking with high heat in a short time.
- Best for Fragile Meat Cuts – Thinly sliced meat like chicken strips, thinly sliced steaks, and salmon cuts are also delicious when broiled. However, they are delicate to cook and have the tendency to break every time you flip them when grilled. In broiling, it will eliminate the worry of tearing the meat since it can cook both sides fast.
See Also: The Best Frying Pan for Steak
Factors that you need to consider when buying the best broiler pan
If you think buying cookware is as simple as it gets, you might want to consider it more a little bit. It is always proper to know the essential aspects when buying any product for your kitchen. Today, you are going to learn extra information about the best broiler pans.
Broiler pans could be made of various types of material when you try to look around. However, the most reliable ones should be of stainless steel, carbon steel, ceramic, and cast iron. Although they all prove to be excellent for broiling purposes, they display dissimilar advantages.
- Cast iron may be the cheapest among the current materials, but it has the reputation that is best in even heat distribution. It also functions as a naturally non-stick when seasoned well. However, this material is heavy and is prone to rust.
- Stainless steel is the most durable of all. High-quality stainless steel has a hard surface and is scratch-resistant. This material is less expensive and low in maintenance. Besides the attractive appearance, it is also easy to clean. However, it is very poor in heat distribution and food sticks during cooking.
- Carbon steel is naturally non-stick and is one of the toughest and durable pieces of cookware. A well-seasoned carbon steel broiler pan is smooth and dark that gets better every after use. It is more responsive to heat than cast iron and cools even faster.
- Ceramic is non-reactive and non-toxic making it the healthiest cookware nowadays. Although it takes longer to heat up than the other materials, it retains the heat longer and is more efficient. Besides, ceramic can be used in the oven and can be placed directly into the fridge and freezer without the feat of cracking.
Who wants to stand all day cleaning stubborn dirty cookware? It is just practical to choose a broiler pan that is already dishwasher safe to avoid the dirty work. You may not be open to this idea, but you could use the time this option saved for you on other most relevant activities.
3. The Type of Food for Broiling
Certain broiler pans have designs that are suitable for either meat or vegetables. If you are more of a meat person, I suggest buying the kind of pan with wide slit grills so the drippings can pass through right away. Nevertheless, if you love vegetables, I recommend the opposite. Otherwise, you can just buy both.
4. The Size of the Pan
Sometimes, when you are looking into a variety of products, you get so overwhelmed that you tend to forget the vital factors. Before picking one, remember the space and size of your oven and ensure that the broiler pan you want will fit in. It is better to measure your oven space first before hitting the appliance store.
Be aware that there are varieties of broiler pans out there. There are pans that you can only use for meat preparation, others good solely for snacks recipes, and the type that you can use for all kinds of food. Hence, make sure that you buy the kind that you want.
6. Breakage and Corrosion Resistant
As much as possible, choose the type of pan that does not easily break or corrode. It could save big time if you knew how to pick the type of material that is durable enough to last long, but also offers comfort and ease for you when cooking.
The price is always an issue when choosing the best product. I say that the price goes with the quality and design of the broiler pans. Never choose one that is out of your budget. Try to evaluate each broiler pan and decide which one has a reasonable price.
A short video on how to clean a broiler pan
It is a reality that after broiling, you will always end up cleaning the broiler pans. Whatever brand you may have, there is no escaping from the truth of it. Here is a short video with tips on how to make cleaning broiler pans easy.
Have you made up your mind? Which do you think fits the best broiler pan amongst all for you? I get you; it is not that easy to choose when you are overwhelmed with the high-quality products presented to you. However, if you just stick to the factors that determine the right product, I am sure you already know what you need to pick.
Remember that each has its own preference, and yours may be different from the others. One thing is for sure, the five on my list are already winners. Whichever you choose to bring home would still be worth it. Try going through with both the advantages and disadvantages of each product to help you decide. Good luck!
Take a look at the list below, there are more broiler pans available on Amazon:
- COOKING DONE RIGHT: Make the perfect meals with the help of the Range Kleen BP106X 2 Piece Heavy Duty Porcelain Broil and Bake Pan. Whether it is broiling meats to perfection or baking dishes, cook with ease with this 2-piece utensil.
- MADE FROM HIGH QUALITY MATERIALS: Heavy-duty porcelain on steel grill and base, this USA made set is safe for use for up to 1025 degrees F and has OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) quality.
- GOOD FEATURES FOR BROILING AND BAKING: The grate of the grill allows fat drippings to drain away from meats. The Range Kleen BP106X is suitable for use on an outdoor grill and perfect for fish, meats and veggies.
- COOK AND CLEAN WITH EASE: The materials are easy to clean and dishwasher safe.
- A WELCOME ADDITION FOR ANY KITCHEN: Dimensions: 12.75" by 8.5" by 1.325". The Broiler pan can be used as a baking dish.
- This product is a Factory Certified Accessory. These three words represent quality accessories designed specifically for your appliance. Time tested engineering that meets our strict quality specifications
- Package contains (1) Premium Broiler Pan and (1) Roasting Rack
- Packaging may vary
- No tools required for installation
- 30-Day Return Policy
- Includes a roasting pan: 14" X 9" X 2"; a broiler/grill pan: 13" X 9"; and a grill rack: 13" X 9"
- Porcelain enamel surface is an inert, non-porous and naturally non-stick surface
- No PFOA, PTFE or other harmful chemicals & is Dishwasher safe
- Do not use on glass cooktops.
- Made in Mexico.
- SUPERIOR COOKING FOR YEARS TO COME: Heavy-duty steel roaster pan designed to resist warping for years of roasting performance
- ELEVATED COOKING EXPERIENCE: Roasting pan features a removable chrome-plated rack which raises meats up to allow fats to drip away
- EASY CLEANING NONSTICK ROASTER: Nonstick inside and out delivers great food release with quick cleanup; roasting pan is oven safe to 450 degrees F
- STURDY, EASY TO GRIP HANDLES: Wide, dual-riveted cast stainless steel handles on the roasting pan make it easier to remove from the oven, while wide handles on the chrome-plated rack aid in removing roasts, turkey, seafood and more
- Measures: 16.5" x 12" x 2" / 42cm x 30.5cm x 5cm
- This two-piece broiler pan with perforated top allows grease to drain off, while you cook, for healthier results.
- Nonstick finish makes removal of broiled or roasted goods effortless and clean up is easy.
- Perfect for individual or two person servings.
- Ideal for use with rib and loin cuts of meat, boneless chicken, fish, shellfish, vegetables and breads.
- FAT-FREE COOKING: Grate on grill allows drippings to drain fat away from meats. A healthier meal with an added crispness that your family will love!
- EASY TO CLEAN: No worry about cleaning your Range Kleen Porcelain Broiler Pan. Hand washing recommended on top chrome grill, base pan dishwasher safe.
- MADE FROM HIGH-QUALITY MATERIALS: Of OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) quality. Heavy-duty porcelain on steel with durable construction.
- STYLISH AND USEFUL: The broiler pan can be used as a baking dish. Has a stylish chrome grill and porcelain base great even for an outdoor grill.
- DURABLE TO HEAT: Be ensured that it can withstand heat as it is safe for use up to 1025 F. High heat is used in the broiling process to trap juices.
- ideal size for toaster and countertop ovens: this petite broil & roast pan is essential to create any type of baked goods in a toaster oven; perfect for single servings and reheating leftovers.
- premium quality, durable and long lasting: this pan is crafted from heavy-weight carbon steel for superior heat conduction and even baking.
- non-stick coating for easy release: easy release, silicone based, non-stick coating for ease of baking and cleanup and is heat safe up to 450 degrees f (232 degrees c).
- perfect sized: will fit most standard countertop toaster ovens- overall measurement: 10-inch by 7-inch by 1.75-inch, interior baking surface: 9.25-inch by x 6-inch.
- dishwasher safe: this pan is dishwasher safe, however hand-washing is recommended to extend the product life.
- Sturdy stainless-steel broiling pans withstand the high temperatures of broiling and clean up in the dishwasher
- Bottom trays can be used separately for roasting or baking
- Two pieces
- EVERYDAY ROASTING PAN: This roasting pan includes an non-stick roasting rack designed to rest at the ideal height within the roaster, keeping the food cooking out of oils and excess juices; Perfect for roasting meats, poultry, fish and vegetables.
- SUPERIOR HEAT CONDUCTION AND EVEN BAKING: This pan is made from heavy-weight aluminized steel for superior heat conduction and even baking.
- NON-STICK COATING: This roasting pan set is silicone based and has a non-stick coating for ease of baking and clean up.
- MEASURMENTS: Non-stick roast pan with non-stick rack measures 13 by 9 by 2-1/4-Inch and is heat safe up to 450 degrees F (232 degrees C).
- DISHWASHER SAFE: This pan is dishwasher safe, however hand-washing is recommended to extend the product life.
- Safe for use in toaster ovens
- Great to use on camping stoves and RV stoves
- Non-stick finish for easy food release and cleanup
- Hand wash with mild detergent, Outer dimensions of the broiler set is 10"L x 7"W x 0.63"H. The cooking surface is 8.5"L x 6.5"W x 0.63"H.
- Made in the USA with broiling rack from China
- √ HEALTHY MATERIAL - WEZVIX Premium 430(18/0) stainless steel without any other materials, non-toxic and no rust. No chemical coating, Healthy for your family.
- √ ADVANCED CRAFT - Shiny mirror finished surface less stick to food. Smooth trays without rough spot provide easy release of baked-goods; Rolled rims make it comfortable to hold.
- √ EASY TO CLEAN - 1 inch deep edges avoid food juice flowing everywhere, keeping your oven neat. Easy clean up even by hand-washing and dishwasher safe; wash with hot water, mild soap and gentle sponge.
- √ COOLING RACK - The stainless steel rack with four raised feet fits perfectly the pan, keeping meat lifted above juice and easily release.
- √ AVALIABLE SIZE - Pan: 12.5" x 9.7" x 1", Rack: 11.6" x 9" x 0.5". Classic sheet pan and cooling rack for baking and roasting cookies, vegetables, bacon, etc.